A good night’s rest can do wonders for the mind and body, but it’s not always easy to achieve blissful slumber. One natural option that may help promote a sense of serenity for a restful night is aromatherapy. The use of essential oil for sleep is not limited to lavender, either! For those of you who love experimenting with aromatherapy and creating your own essential oil blends, we’ve got four comforting recipes that you can easily make on your own for a night of calm and tranquility.
Sweet Dreams Blend
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil to promote feelings of calm and peacefulness
- 2 drops of sweet marjoram essential oil to help ease tension and clear the mind
Tranquil Night Blend
- 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to cleanse the air
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil to help open up airways and combat congestion
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil for a soothing aroma that aids in calming the senses
Clear the Mind Blend
- 4 drops of frankincense essential oil for promoting relaxation
- 4 drops of cedarwood essential oil for alleviating feelings of negativity
- 3 drops of Roman chamomile essential oil for reducing feelings of stress and tension
- 2 drops of bergamot essential oil for an uplifting aroma that soothes the senses
Clear the Mind Blend
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil to help reduce restlessness and agitation
- 4 drops of sweet marjoram essential oil to calm the mind and promote restfulness
- 2 drops of cedarwood essential oil to help alleviate stress and worry
- 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to purify the air and help with congestion
- 1 drop of frankincense essential oil to ground the mind and body
There are several ways to enjoy these tranquil essential oil blends:
Not all diffusers are designed to be used with essential oils. Make sure you choose a device that is compatible with your needs to enjoy the soothing aroma throughout your room.
Pour 25-30 drops of your essential oil blend for sleep into a glass spray bottle, then fill the bottle halfway with witch hazel. Top off the rest of the bottle with distilled water, then shake well to ensure the ingredients are combined.
Essential Oil Roller
For this, you’ll need to have a glass roller ball on hand. Remove the roller ball top, add in 25-30 drops of your essential oil blend, then fill the rest of the bottle with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. Reattach the roller ball top and shake well.
Don’t have time to make your own essential oil blend? VOS’s Sleep Tight aromatherapy roller is formulated with a soothing essential oil blend that comforts the senses and promotes a sense of serenity. Featuring calming oils like sandalwood, geranium, sweet marjoram, and bergamot, this tranquil blend will be your new favorite bedtime ritual.